Factory Recommended Vehicle Maintenance
Factory Recommended Vehicle Maintenance
We have automotive maintenance mechanics who are ready to help you keep your car running smoothly following the factory recommended maintenance schedule. With locations in Katy, Kingwood, Montgomery, and the Houston Energy Corridor, we have experienced maintenance mechanics near you that can service your car and keep you on the factory recommended maintenance schedule. Call today or request an appointment online!
Free 35 Point Engine & Transmission Inspection
Every car brand, make, and model has its own unique set of factor recommended maintenance checkpoints. Our shops offer a free 35 point inspection of the engine, transmission, tires, brakes, indicator lights, and more. We provide preventive car maintenance for all trucks, SUVs, sedans, commercial trucks, and fleet vehicles. Some of the automobile brands we provide scheduled maintenance for include:
- Land Rover
- Alfa Romeo
Saving Time & Money with Preventive Maintenance
The importance of regularly scheduled car maintenance cannot be overstated. Without professionally performed auto maintenance, your vehicle will be far more prone to breakdowns and significant mechanical problems. Not keeping up with your car maintenance is likely to result in poor vehicle performance, decreased fuel efficiency, shortened lifespan of the automobile, and costly out-of-pocket expenses.
On the other hand, vehicle owners who work with an experienced automotive maintenance mechanic enjoy an improved driving experience and are a less likely to find themselves on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck.
Scheduling preventative maintenance gives our expert maintenance mechanics an opportunity to address vehicle concerns before they become serious – and expensive – mechanical repairs. By properly addressing things such as oil changes, tire pressure, filters, fluids and other aspects of a vehicle that require care, owners can best maximize car reliability, efficiency, and longevity.
The good news for people with hectic work and personal life commitments is that scheduling routine maintenance has never been easier. Appointments can be made over the phone and ongoing car maintenance can be scheduled based on emerging needs at the conclusion of each visit.
The Importance of Regular Car Maintenance
Although some car owners believe that scheduling routine appointments are unnecessary, nothing could be further from the truth.
Warranties that cover your vehicle in the event of a malfunction generally require a record of proper car maintenance. Without the ability to demonstrate a vehicle received appropriate oil, filter, brake, and other routine maintenance, a warranty could be rendered void. That puts the cost of repair of the vehicle on the owner’s shoulders.
Consequences of Neglecting Vehicle Maintenance
Some of the most expensive repair items that could be denied if car maintenance was not conducted by an authorized repair shop.
- Cylinder Repair or Replacement: This element tends to wear out and falter due to neglect. The cost can be excessive, and a warranty company will likely take a long look at the car maintenance record before paying for the parts and labor.
- Engine Replacement: Fluid that help regulate and lubricate an engine’s temperature require periodic replacement as part of your vehicle’s factory recommended maintenance schedule. When they are not updated, an engine can overheat and break down. Engine replacement is a very expensive consequence of maintenance neglect.
- Fuel Injector Failure & Replacement: Air, fuel and other car filters are tasked with preventing dirt and grime from negatively impacting an engine. Without appropriate auto maintenance, repair costs to replace a fuel injector will be expensive and may not be covered by a warranty (especially if you neglected to carry out the factory recommended maintenance).
While the consequences of sidestepping car maintenance appointments can be high, our maintenance mechanics and customer service professionals streamline the process to fit into our customer’s schedules.
Importance of Car Maintenance
Reliable cars are a product of proper automotive maintenance. While no two drivers impact their vehicles in the same fashion, these are important industry standards for car maintenance.
- Oil Changes: Regular oil changes are imperative for a properly maintained car. Vehicles relying on standard oil products require a change at 3,000 miles. Synthetic products may last as long as 5,000 miles.
- Coolant: Vehicles perform best when coolants are changed every 30,000 miles. However, Houston heat waves may call for more frequent coolant replacement.
- Brake Fluid: This fluid should not exceed 30,000 miles before replacement. Drivers traveling in Houston and other cities brake frequently. It is advisable to speak with one of our auto maintenance specialists about how often to change brake fluid.
- Spark Plugs: Car owners are advised to service spark plugs every 30,000 miles to keep the timing of the vehicle accurate. Our vehicle maintenance specialists can inspect your spark plugs as part of your vehicle’s routine maintenance and let you know when it’s time for replacement
- Batteries: Lithium products have extended the life of car batteries to no longer than 5 years. However, it’s important to consult with a car specialist about your specific product. Terminals and conduits require maintenance and routine cleaning to prevent corrosion.
- Transmission Fluid: To avoid costly repairs to your transmission it is important to have a qualified car maintenance professional check the transmission fluid level and quality, changing it when necessary. While many newer vehicles claim that transmission fluid will last up to 100,000 miles, these claims often do not reflect the type of conditions many drivers face in Houston such as excessive heat, and hours of stop-and-go traffic with frequent gear changes. Regularly checking transmission fluid will help extend the life of your transmission.
- Air Filters: Proper vehicle maintenance requires changing air filters annually or every 12,000 miles. Significant driving on unpaved roads or other conditions that cause increased exposure to dust and soot may necessitate more frequent air filter changes. Dirty air filters lower fuel efficiency by preventing the accurate ratio of oxygen and fuel. This can decrease engine performance, leading to more costly repairs.
- Fuel Filters: Drivers are advised to change filters every 24 months or 24,000 miles. Our experienced auto maintenance specialists can perform a fuel pressure test to ensure your fuel filter is working properly. Driving without properly maintaining your vehicle’s fuel filter can not only decrease gas mileage, but it will damage the fuel pump, leading to a more expensive repair down the road.
Regularly scheduled car maintenance has a direct impact on safety, fuel-efficiency and the lifespan of your vehicle. If you have procrastinated about scheduling a car check-up, keep in mind that routine maintenance should be performed every 15, 30, 60 and 90 miles. If you have missed one of those marks, it’s important to have your vehicle evaluated.
Importance of Safe Tire Maintenance
Tire maintenance is extremely important, especially considering how often it rains and the amount of pot holes and debri on some of our roads. The condition of your tires directly affects how your vehicle handles, its stopping ability, and overall driving safety.
In order for tires to provide the maximum possible safety to you and your loved ones, they require optimum maintenance and care. Consider these important tire maintenance and safety tips.
Tire Maintenance Tips
- Rotate Your Tires: This standard tire maintenance practice should be performed every six months or 5,000 miles, whichever occurs sooner.
- Check Tire Pressure: Fluctuating temperatures and high usage can quickly affect tire pressure. People in the greater Houston area are advised to test tire pressure at least once weekly.
- Inspect Tires: While our team will check your tires for deficiencies, it’s imperative that you inspect tires anytime they experience rough driving conditions. It’s also important to have a professional tire inspection before taking a long road trip.
- Check Treads: Thinning treads put drivers at risk of a dangerous blowout. It’s imperative to have tires replaced at appropriate intervals.
- Proper Wheel Alignment: Misaligned tires create a drag on the overall performance of a vehicle. The issue causes poor fuel efficiency, diminished handling and a safety concern. Tire re-alignments should be a part of an ongoing maintenance plan.
- Balance Your Tires: Make sure that your tire technician balances your tires, so that the tire pressure levels are set to the factory recommended PSI in the front and back tires.
Ongoing tire maintenance helps car owners to maximize fuel efficiency and provide the safest possible driving experience for you and your family.
Personalized Car Maintenance Matters
Our team of vehicle maintenance professionals has the experience to recognize problem areas and take corrective measures. Cars that log the majority of miles in city traffic can present a vastly different set of challenges than those that mostly travel open roads.
We tailor car maintenance and care to our valued customer’s vehicles and unique driving experiences. Our team of customer service and automotive professionals work diligently to provide the good people in the greater Houston area with the care you deserve.
Schedule Car Maintenance in Houston, Katy, or Kingwood TX
If your car is due for maintenance, call our experienced mechanics in Houston at My Transmission Experts today or request an appointment online! We have shops in the Bear Creek/Copperfield area of West Houston and the Jersey Village/Champions Forest area of Northwest Houston; off Highway 105 where Porter meets Kingwood; in the heart of Katy, Texas at Mason Road and Kingsland Boulevard; and in Montgomery near Conroe, Texas.